Tips for toddlers who are taking sip feeds (oral nutritional supplements)
If your toddler has been advised by a healthcare professional to take sip feeds, it is still important that you continue to offer them a varied diet.
- Help your toddler to understand why they need to take their sip feeds – a star or reward chart may be helpful
- Let your toddler ‘taste test’ the options to see which they prefer
- To help keep them interested in taking their sip feeds, consider offering them a range of flavours
- Involve your toddler in incorporating their sip feeds into recipe ideas – this will help to get them interested in eating. Click here for recipe ideas using sip feeds
- Sip feeds are best served chilled, so consider pouring them into a glass with ice cubes. Alternatively, certain flavours such as chocolate taste great when gently warmed
If you have any concerns, please discuss these with your healthcare professional.
RXANI130244d Date of preparation: January 2014