Getting the most from your healthcare professional
Your healthcare professional will help make sure you are equipped to help care for your child whilst they are being tube fed and below are some questions to consider asking, to help make sure you make the most of your time together:1
- Who should I contact if I need help outside of my appointments with you?
- What can I expect when my child is being tube fed?
- How should I care for my child’s tube?
- What should I do if my child’s tube accidently comes out?
- How should I feed my child?
- What should I feed my child?
- What equipment am I taking home with me and how do I use it?
- What should I do if I need more supplies?
If you have any concerns, please discuss these with your healthcare professional.
- Feeding Tube Awareness Foundation, 2014:
http://www.feedingtubeawareness.com/A_Parent_s_Introduction_to_Tube_Feeding Accessed 21st August 2014.